Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting Message To External Callers

m.metwally
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I'm a newbie in the Cisco Voice Mail system and I have been assigned a task to add a greeting message that been introduced to the caller which call some telephone numbers in my company (not to all extensions). This should be implemented to apply only on the calls coming from outside the company only.

"Javalence" has advised me with guide lines to do this (by the way I want to thank him alot for his responses), but really I do not know what the steps I should follow in details to acheive this.

I googled about this alot bue I found no useful procedures

I have Cisco Call Manager 6.1.3 and Cisco Unity version 4.2

The scenario sould be like this : -

1. The caller calls (for example 2121555)

2. The caller listen  the greeting message

3. The caller will be directed to the no.  2121555 after the greeting message finished

Really I have no configuration in the CCM related to the sending the caller to the unity to hear the message also no configuration exist in the Unity regarding the Call Handler that should be used

Any help will be very  appreciated.

4 Replies 4

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will want to use a CallHandler in Unity to pull this off.
You can create a new Callhandler and call it eg Company-Greeting-X or whatever you desire.
In the CH you record the greeting.  You can eg. do this by using a TRAP connection to your phone and record the greeting.
Once done, you can configure an after greeting action, sending the call to DN XXXXXX
In order for users to hit the above created CallHandler, you will want to add a routing rule in Unity.
These rules will define what Callhandler a user will hit based on a set of conditions like calling and/or called number.
So depending on the conditions you set in the routing rule, you will hit your newly created CH.

Kurt

Thanks dear Kurt,

I did the Configuration on the Unity server but there's no configuration should be set on the Call Manager to send the External User to the Greeting Message?

Hi,

As far as CUCM is concerned, you just have to ensure the call gets routed into Unity, that's it, no further config needed really.

In unity you will need to make sure though that the external caller hits the right Callhandler based on the routing rules.

Kurt

Calls will enter CallManager with the Called party number 2155555. You will create a CTI Route Point with the directory number 2155555 and set the call forward all setting to voicemail. Your call Handler in Unity must have extension 2155555, this will give them the greeting your looking for. The issue you have is that since you created a CTI Route Point with 2155555, you cannot have a phone with that extension. (possibly with some work around but I'm not typing all that and you arent ready to tackle that). so, you'll need either a different extension on the phone that the call will eventually ring to instead of 2155555.