cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hello all any assistance would be appreciated...

robert.srery
Level 1
Level 1

I’m forwarding a question from a customer on Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console (I haven’t worked with this product):

Attendant Console.  I’m looking at Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console Version 8.6.1.  Documentation says 2 operators for each department, each department supports 150 directory entries and 5 departments total.  Question, can 1 operator direct calls for two different departments?  We maybe able to put everyone in the same department but incase we grow, can we separate our users now into smaller departments but still have 1 or 2 operators direct calls for all the smaller departments?

2 Replies 2

robert.srery
Level 1
Level 1

test

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
 Question, can 1 operator direct calls for two different departments?

Yes if they know the extension of a user not in their department it can be dialed manually. This is referring to the limits placed on the directory shown in the UI.

The product licenses were built with the following use cases in mind:

• Department: *Not a company operator.* This was intended for organizations which have departments (e.g. executives, legal, HR, etc) where there is a departmental receptionist/assistant.
  • Business: This was built with Business Edition customers in mind. In our case we sell Enterprise to even thses customers because of the stupid limits the license has (e.g. you can only do a CFNA to voicemail for the queue in Enterprise!)
  • Enterprise: Everyone with a normal CUCM cluster.

If you look at the release notes there will be a Product Feature Table. At least with our customers we are almost always forced to choose the Enterprise license, even if it's only a 50 seat environment.