cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Upgrade from 7.0.X to 7.1.5 with Language.

keanej
Level 3
Level 3

I have two languages/locales on my Unity Connection. I am upgrading from 7.0.3 to 7.1.5.

The upgrade contains US, I need to add UK.

I have installed 7.1.5 onto the inactive partition.

I am going to switch versions

I then stop two services and install GB language

I then start the two services and GB should be installed.

What happens to UK prompts and the UK system default language setting when I switch versions ???

When I switch versions UK doesnt exist yet - as its not installed - will all the UK prompts be trashed ???

I have numerous procedures from Cisco which all explain how to install a language but not how to migrate a language.

Anyone done this - any advice ??

Regards

James

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding is that language packs go with the version you have installed.. even by ES level.  So for example, if you are on 8.5.1 and have language packs installed, then go to SU1, you will need to reinstall the language packs.

View solution in original post

Hey James,

Thanks for posting back with your actual results here, very good!

+5 for this kind gesture

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My understanding is that language packs go with the version you have installed.. even by ES level.  So for example, if you are on 8.5.1 and have language packs installed, then go to SU1, you will need to reinstall the language packs.

I did this upgrade - you are correct you do need to install the language packs.

This is what happened

What happens to UK prompts and the UK system default language setting when I switch versions ???

Once you switch the language pack is not installed so the default language is US but the UK Prompts are still there and unassociated.

When I switch versions UK doesnt exist yet - as its not installed - will all the UK prompts be trashed ???

No the prompts are there

Once you install the language pack (locale) the prompts all appear as before AND the default system language also reverts to UK automatically.

Hey James,

Thanks for posting back with your actual results here, very good!

+5 for this kind gesture

Cheers!

Rob