cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HELP,Changed exchange alias and did not flow to unity

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

We use unity 3.15 with exchange 2k as message store. One of our users got married and her last name changed.. So we changed in AD to give her a new login name as our logins use part of our last names. I also changed her exchange alias from FNISAACS to FNWASSON. It seems to have taken the change in exchange, and I thought from a last experience (this doesn't happen that often) that it flowed over to unity automatically... Its been 20 + minutes now and her account in unity still says its using the exchange alias of FNISAACS... How can I change this to match what exchange is really setup as?

5 Replies 5

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patience. I suspect that the replication has not completed and Unity has not sync'd up the change yet. Do you see any errors in the app logs indicating a sync failure?

H. M.

no errors... and I did just send the user a message and she did get it.. so even with them not matching, she is getting her voicemails... I will continue to hold out and wait to see what happens with it.. I just want to be sure what I did was correct and that it should flow through this way...???

Thank you

Any other ideas.. I just checked again.. Its now been at least 4 hours and still no change in what unity is reporting its using as the alias..

I too have the same problem Unity 3.0(4) exch2k. No App sync errors, can import/delete subscribers normally unity is working fine.

I described this problem to my Cisco SE but have not got an answer (no TAC case opened) so my work around/fix has been to remove subscriber from Unity, Make changes in AD wait for replication then import user again the alias will now be correct of course all messages/greetings will be gone for this user.(small inconvenience for some, I called it mailbox cleaning).

Yikes! That seems a tad extreme there... two problems with this.

1. Unity doesn't use that alias for anything other than display purposes - so the fact that it doesn't match the alias in th edirectory doesn't mean anything. We don't use this for message addressing or the like.

2. there are lots of fields in AD that pass for "alias" - the one we use to synch with (i.e. the one we pull from) is the MailNickname field. To change this in the directory you must change the Alias field on the Exchange General tab to have the change reflected in SAWeb. Give it a couple minutes to pick up the change.