cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi, could you please answer question in terms of Meeting Place?

Lin Zhu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,  I am working in a trouble shooting of meeting place, I got very confused these 2 question:

1)  in a real conferencing senario, does each audio stream from a participant  should go to Audio Blade (Media server) in order to mix together. if so and we have voice gateway conference resource, then what is it for ?  I mean no use voice gateway DSP farm to setup a conference?

2) in version V7, each audio blade has 250 session ports ( G711 audio codec only),  and for instance we have 2 blades, then it mean that all the participants  all of the meeting in a same time should be no more than 500 ?

3) the audiao blade working mode  in a shared pool ? or other machanism?

thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lin,

Let me answer your queries:

1. In version 7.x you are using Hardware MCU Blades (Audio or Video or both) for your audio/video conferencing. When you schedule a meeting that meeting is held on this MCU and you are using resouces on this MCU based on type of meeting you scheduled (Audio or Video or both). 

DSP resouces are more for transcoding in this case and not for conferencing.

2. 1 Port means 1 user (1 session of audio) so yes you can max of 500 participants in a single conference.

3. When you schedule a meeting you are reserving the dedicated resouces on your MCU so you limited with what is available.

HTH

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Arun Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lin,

Let me answer your queries:

1. In version 7.x you are using Hardware MCU Blades (Audio or Video or both) for your audio/video conferencing. When you schedule a meeting that meeting is held on this MCU and you are using resouces on this MCU based on type of meeting you scheduled (Audio or Video or both). 

DSP resouces are more for transcoding in this case and not for conferencing.

2. 1 Port means 1 user (1 session of audio) so yes you can max of 500 participants in a single conference.

3. When you schedule a meeting you are reserving the dedicated resouces on your MCU so you limited with what is available.

HTH

Arun

Good morning Fnu,

tons thanks to you, right not I get more clear of MP;

could you please correct me if I am wrong?

1) 1 ports means 1 session of audio, then if I have total 500 ports, then I can shedule 2 meetings, each has 250 participants, or I can shedule 100 meetings, each has 5 participants, correct?

2) when I schedule a meeting, then I wll reserving dedicated resouces on MCU, this means I can know which resource I will use in which blades before  the meeting? I can check it in application server or somewhere else?

one of my client suffered weard issue that some participant hear choppy voice, should re-joint meeting again, or even sometime, the host should cancle meeting and need to set up again to resolve it

thanks!!!

Hi Lin,

1. Yes, you are correct with your understanding on this.

2. Yes you reserve resouces on your MCU, you can go to your MCU and see what all meetings are in progress or scheduled to get an idea on number of resources.

I would recommend you to make sure you are G711 as the codec being used and kindly see if input audio (from endpoints) is good or bad.

If still any further issues kindly open a TAC SR to work on this issue.

HTH

Arun