cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how do i do migration of applications from be6k to be7k

macdonaldmauye
Level 1
Level 1

i have a client requesting for an upgrade of their infrastructure from be6k m3 to be7k m5 servers.

However on the migration of the applications running on the old servers i.e 

CUCM01

2) Cisco Unity

3) Prime 01

4) Cisco Attendant server

5) Call centre

6)CIMP01

7) CUCM02

8) TSM

If i upgrade the software on the on the be6k servers to match that on the new be7k servers then take a DRS backup for restore on the be7k servers. Will the applications work ? and is there any comprehensive document on how best i can do this?

What else is there to do to successfully migrate the applications and system.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There should be nothing needed to be changed as B6K is just a bundle with exact same applications, unless you are using the small OVA templates designed only for BE6K, in which case you would just need to resize those. If you just need to migrate these apps to new host then use vMotion (if you have vCenter) or SCP copy between hosts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There should be nothing needed to be changed as B6K is just a bundle with exact same applications, unless you are using the small OVA templates designed only for BE6K, in which case you would just need to resize those. If you just need to migrate these apps to new host then use vMotion (if you have vCenter) or SCP copy between hosts.