cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I move subscribers from unity 4.2 to unity 5 and keep greetings?

jonathanwalton
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running unity 4.2 with about 700 subscribers. I'm also running exchange 2003. I've setup new unity 5 servers on new hardware and I'm trying to find the best solution to move all the subscribers (in phases, not all at the same time) from unity 4.2 to the new unity 5 servers. All of the import tools I have downloaded all require that I remove subscriber properties before I can import, but it's critical that the subscribers keep their greetings and alternate extensions and call handlers(not as critical). So I'm looking to “move” the subscribers rather than create 700 new subscribers and have everyone re-record their greeting. Does anyone know a tool or a guide that covers this? Any help would be appreciated.

15 Replies 15

Yup, you got it. It's easy to break down also. (or remove) Just go SLOW on the GSM. I have had some GSM not go well for whatever reason. I pushed over 200 one day and their passwords never made it. Go figure. So tend to be more cautious and go slow. 20 here, 30 there, etc. Then check. Also give Unity time to sync everything. That could have been my problem before. I possibly moved the 200 subscribers, checked they were there in SA, then broke the Dialing domain. Quite possibly, the syncing was not done and that is why I lost some info. (not sure though!)

recreate system settings

recreate callhandlers

you are set!

cheers!