cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does CUCM distinguish Generic Video Endpoints?

asilveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to register a Polycom video endpoint on CUCM v 8.6.

I had success using Third-Party SIP Device (Advanced) phone type, but this way there is no video calls, but only audio calls.

Then I tried the Generic Desktop Video Endpoint phone type, but CUCM rejects registration with the message 485 Ambiguous. The reason was in the SIP message:

Warning: 399 CUCM-LAB "Device type mismatch"

My question is: how does CUCM recognise/distinguish a Generic Desktop Video Endpoint? Which type/models/vendors of Generic Video Endpoints are supported on CUCM?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Cisco does not normally test other vendor's products in UCM.  Most vendors will perform interop testing and provide integration guides on their web site.   In this case, Polycom has done testing with UCM and the technical guide for integration can be found at http://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/guides/polycom-unified-communications-for-cisco-uc-manager-e…

I do not know the exact Polycom Device you are using, but this guide should provide you with the information you need to make the Polycom work with native SIP registration and video.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer