cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many CUC clusters can CUCM support

cameronallison1
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 x CUCM cluster that sits across two countries. There is one CUC cluster (2 servers) that sit in country 1. For redundancy purposes I want a second set of CUC servers to sit in country 2. Is it possible to have a second CUC cluster attached the CUCM?

5 Replies 5

Yes it is possible, but I don’t see how this would bring you any benefit from a redundancy perspective as the users would be present in one of the two CUC clusters.

Response Signature

Hi Roger, 

Thanks for the response. The current setup is where two CUC servers are sitting in country 1 (where the majority of users sit) and is used for IVR's and voicemail in country 2. When a caller calls through for an IVR they are going over a connection between Australia and NZ. The other day we had an issue between the two countries which meant our users couldn't get to the IVR. If I deploy two more CUC servers in NZ we mitigate the issue.

Regards

From an IVR perspective that’s certainly correct. But from an end user voice mail standpoint it would not provide any benefit.

Response Signature

Instead of adding second cluster in other country, why dont you make clustering as your CUCM. Asper your OP, CUCM cluster is across two countries .If you meet all requirement for clustering over wan do the same for CUC that will give you better redundancy.

Response Signature

From what I know CUC have quite strict requirements for a deployment of cluster over the WAN. I might have misread this, so if you have the details on this please share.

Response Signature