Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How strip calling number on calls to specific number

I have cisco CUBE Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.06.09 that is integrated via SIP trunk to AVAYA system

My client  needs to implement an anonymous tip line for a customer so someone can call in without showing their caller ID.

My tip line number is XXXYYYZZZZ

Here you have an example of our current dial-peer to AVAYA

!

!
voice class uri AVAYACLIENT sip
host ipv4:100.100.100.99
!

dial-peer voice 123456 voip
description *** Customer:AVAYA ***
destination-pattern ^XXXYYYZZZZ$
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:100.100.100.99
session transport udp
incoming uri via AVAYACLIENT
voice-class codec 10
voice-class sip rel1xx disable
voice-class sip profiles 555
voice-class sip options-keepalive up-interval 60 down-interval 20 retry 3
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
no vad
!
!
voice class sip-profiles 555
request ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=inactive" "a=sendrecv"
request ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=recvonly" "a=sendrecv"
request ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=sendonly" "a=sendrecv"
response ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=inactive" "a=sendrecv"
response ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=recvonly" "a=sendrecv"
response ANY sdp-header Audio-Attribute modify "a=sendonly" "a=sendrecv"
!
!

Could you please tell me how I can modify the "voice class sip-profiles 555" to  strip the caller ID of calls made to this specific number where the caller can then leave a message but the caller ID where they made the call from is not shown?

Or let me know if there is a better way to do it

I really appreciate your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Replies 8

This community post looks like it has some suggestions for what you are trying to do.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/cube-selective-outgoing-privacy-header/td-p/2408011 

Thanks Elliot for post. But on that link's example they manipulate sip profile for an specific CALLING number. I need to confirm how I can do this manipulation for an specific CALLED number modifying or stripping any CALLING number.

No, that post isn't exactly what you want to do, but it is close. You would need a custom sip profile that strips all calling party information, and apply that to a dial peer that only references that specific destination.

You would get it to modify for a specific called number by how you assign this to a specific dial peer that only matches that specific called number.

Response Signature

Hello Elliot and Roger Kallberg!

Following Roger's recommendation, I found that calls were using ANOTHER dial-peer.

Once I modified preferences properly my dial-peer was started to be used on the calls.

I solved issue using Elliot's link information with this "sip-profile":

!

voice class sip-profiles 777
request INVITE sip-header Privacy add "Privacy: id"
!

So to both of you THANKS SO MUCH for help !!!!

Enrique

Hello everybody

On my testing I replaced provided voice class sip-profile with this one:

voice class sip-profiles 555
request INVITE sip-header From modify ".*" "Anonymous"

And I associated it to my dial-peer 123456.

But on different tests we ran, i was always showing caller id.

When I ran "show call active voice called-number XXXYYYZZZZ" i was able to see:

CallerName="My cell number caller ID name"
CallerIDBlocked=False

under "SessionProtocol=sipv2" area.

Did I miss something here?

I will try again after hour to run debugs

I appreciate your help

Make sure the call is using the intended dial peers and that your SIP dialog looks like you intend it to. SIP profiles are very powerfull, but can be incredibly frustrating to work with as they will just do exactly what you write. There is no leeway at all with syntax discrepancy, you have to type it exactly as seen in the SIP messages, otherwise it will not match.

Use these debugs to troubleshoot/verify this.

• debug ccsip message
  • debug voip translation
  • debug voip ccapi inout

If you want even more info on the dial peer level you can also throw in debug voip dialpeer in the mix.

If you want assistance in looking at the debug output please post it as an attached text file, not directly as text in a post as that makes the post very long and hard to work with. It might also be good if you share the called and calling number and time of the call if it's a busy system so that we can easily find the call. Apart from this it could be helpful if you where to share your running config, so that we can verify that as well. Again as a attached text file.

Response Signature

I will collect that information.