cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to clear MWI light on phone?

johnnylingo
Level 5
Level 5

Here's a weird one. An assistant added 3 extensions in CallManager yesterday. The extensions login to generic phones via extension mobility. After logging in, the MWI light on the phone comes on. However, these extensions do not have an mailbox in Unity, and never have to our knowledge. Re-syncing MWIs from Unity doesn't work since they are not subscribers. Is there a way to clear the MWI directly on the phone?

7940 w/ 8.0.4, CCM 4.1(3)sr4b, Unity 4.0(5) w/ failover, TSP 8.1(3)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

In CCM look up the MW-Off number (Feature>Voicemail>Message Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator Off )

This will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon will turn off.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

In CCM look up the MW-Off number (Feature>Voicemail>Message Waiting>Directory Number>Message Waiting Indicator Off )

This will be a Directory Number like perhaps 2600. Go to the phone, press the Line button, dial 2600 and the MWI Lamp/Icon will turn off.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Ahh...that was obvious. The MWI extensions were set 1000 and 1001, so my guess is they dialed them accidentially which is how the light got turned on in the first place.

Any best practices for MWI DNs on a 4-digit dialing plan? Maybe 9901 and 9900?

Hi Johnny,

First off, thanks for the very nice rating! I have never read any best practices for MWI On/Off DN's but I think common sense rules would be the best to apply.

Stay away from any number in your 4 digit dial plan.

Stay away from common NNX's in your local calling area (people forget to dial 9 for Outside calls all the time)

Pick something as obscure as possible and perhaps something that people aren't allowed to dial (I like 1900 and 1901 for example because most businesses don't allow 1-900 calls so people aren't likely to be dialling this combination)

I personally wouldn't use anything that begins with an existing access code like 9 in our case which is used for access to the PSTN.

I quite like 1000 and 1001 as they are a sequence that would not be dialled on a normal basis.

Hope this helps! And thanks again.

Rob

how to make MWI Light on when i get the message through unity

now i am facing teh unity server is offline how we can make it online

do u have any document about this

unity version is 4.0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: