cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to limit to call form fxo to fxs in Unity Express ?

chenmu
Level 1
Level 1

Sir :

I want to limit voice messages form fxo to fxs , only leave a message form fxs to fxs .

How to do it ?

Any one can help me !

THANKS!

chenmu

4 Replies 4

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I'm not sure I understand your question. The voicemail system doesn't know if the call is from an FXS port or FXO. It only knows the calling/called number.

It only knows the calling/called number.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When the number can not answer a call , how to use a special function key to start to leave a message ( not always a no one answer welcome message then to start to leave a message )

THANKS !

chenmu ?

The only way you could do this possibly is with a custom script. For example, you would need to set the call forward busy/no answer to extension 1000. In CUE, this would trigger the custom script. The custom script would then play something like "press 1 to leave a message for John Doe". Then if the user presses 1, they would get transferred back to the actual voicemail application in CUE where the John Doe's greeting would play and it would record a message. This would be done with the following process:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a00802ab979.shtml#update

There is, unfortunately, no simpler way to add a keystroke requirement before recording a message. You'll want to take a look at the custom scripting information, such as:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008041d950.shtml

Hi marschne,

The only way you could do this possibly is with a custom script. For example, you would need to set the call forward busy/no answer to extension 1000.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That is ,it can not care call form fxo or fxs , is right ? As I konw , fxs to fsx call , if

busy/no answer , can not return gatekeeper , is right ?

The custom script or Phone(E.164, example: 3201) in CNE , if do not set Phone number (example: no number 201) ,that can dial 3201 into voice mail (that voicemail should state the user's name),

and give another number for him ( he have 2 numbers) , is right ?

Thanks !

chenmu