cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to manipulate MWI number for CUCIMOC implementation on UnityConnection ?

best2sons
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am configuring CUCIMOC solution and I found Cisco UnityConnection cannot use +sign phone number.

My AD has fullE164 number including +, and Cisco UnityConnection cannot handle +sign number.

So phoneA(+6512341001) user has 1001 phone extension on UnityConnection and phoneB(+6512341002) user has 1002 phone extension.

If phoneA called phoneB(no answer) so phoneA leaves message to phoneB.

MWI was not lighten on due to different number, and when I checked UnityConnection trace, it showed MWI error.

But it was not sent to Callmanager( I checked using trace), so I cannot manipulate digit.

If someone has experience or solution, kindly let me know to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a service parameter on UCM that causes MWI requests to respect translation patterns as a normal call would. Enabling this will cause the MWI request to 1001 in your example to be translated into +6512341001. The parameter is on the CallManager service and is labeled Multiple Tenant MWI Modes; set it to True. Be sure that he CSS on the Unity SIP trunk or voicemail ports contains the necessary translation patterns after doing this.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you of answer.

I am out of office so I can't try now.

If I create transpattern, how it should started ?

Suppose my mwi-on number is 1099, then is 10991001(1099 - mwion, 1001 - extension number) to 1099+6512341001 correct pattern for this ?

I will try after you answer above my another question and I will comeback to this community again.

Warm Regards,

Jason Kim

That's not at all how it works. The MWI numbers remain the same. Enabling this service parameter causes translation patterns in the CSS of the MWI number to be processed. Make sure that there are translation patterns within a partition listed on that CSS that will translate the four-digit mailbox number that Unity sees into the actual DN in UCM.

Hi Jonarthan,

I enabled the parameter and restarted CallManager service and made Voicemail port has proper CSS to use TP.

What I understand is to light MWI ON, UnityConnection send call to 1099(my MWI ON) with calling party of the number where you want to send MWI.

So I created TP  "109[89]" and change calling party number to "+651234XXXX" since my MWI ON is 1099, MWI OFF is 1098.

So do you think what I misconfigured ? Have you ever tested or conigured similar situation ?

Warm Regards

Jason Kim

The translation pattern should adjust the called party information; in your example it should prefix "+651234" to the mattched pattern of the directory number "1XXX". It's a little backward at first glance I know. Just know that the CCM process typically looks for a directory number in the database after receiving the call to the MWI number.  This service parameter causes UCM to evaluate translation patterns that result in a matching directory number as well.