cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up an SFTP server for MediaSense Archive

Ismail Khawaja
Level 1
Level 1

i had an issue that i was receiving timeout errors when using Search and Play for archived recordings. Seraching for a solution for this, i found out that for the Search and Play to be able to search archived calls, it must use the grep function of the SFTP.  The SFTP must be Linux based and use the BASH shell, as the DASH shell has issues with spaces in searches. (i had a windows based SFTP server).

But im unable to find any document on how to set up a linux base SFTP server. Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prime Collaboration Deployment has an embedded SFTP Server (used for image transfers). Some customers use that SFTP Server for backup/restore image storage as well if the PCD VM’s vDisk is big enough.

I don’t think the PCD VM’s SFTP Server exposes a shell CLI though, if that’s what you need.

I don’t have the Customer Care/Contact community link handy, but a post in there would help too.

-james

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jarias
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prime Collaboration Deployment has an embedded SFTP Server (used for image transfers). Some customers use that SFTP Server for backup/restore image storage as well if the PCD VM’s vDisk is big enough.

I don’t think the PCD VM’s SFTP Server exposes a shell CLI though, if that’s what you need.

I don’t have the Customer Care/Contact community link handy, but a post in there would help too.

-james