Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup multiple operators one for each office

shaftstri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi We ,

Have a client with a NY office and a conneticut office.

The CM's are in NY when users hit 0 we want them to go to a operator in the loaction that they are in . Either NY or CT.

At the moment if anyone presees 0 during the opening greeting it goes to NY operator.

They all use the same line group default VM profile and VM ports unity version is 4.0 4 and CM 4.1 3

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You have to get callers for NY to a NY opening greeting and users in CT to a CT opening greeting - each handler would have "0" mapped to the right spot. The exit destination for each subscriber (i.e. when they exit their subscriber conversation) is configurable - it defaults to the system created opening greeting but you can map it to go anywhere - you can use BulkEdit, for instance, to map all CT users to go to the CT opening greeting when they exit their subscriber conversation.

This assumes, of course, folks are dialing into the VM, logging into their mailbox and then exiting out when they are done and wanting to get to the operator from the opening greeting - which sounds like your call flow if users are direct dialing in via a VM Profile - if that's not your call flow, let us know...

Hi Jeff,

I have setup the CT dial-in too check vm callhandler so when some one presses 0 it should go to another callHandlers greeting that says the office is closed.

Ill get back to ya

Hi Jeff,

This is the scenario.

We have NY and Conneticuit.

I have setup a CTI route point on 4899 that forwards to VM this is using the default voice mail profile in Unity.

When users dial in to 4899 from outside they get sent to sign in. This works fine.

The issue is if they press 0 it should go to tranfer for another call handler which should fwd the call to 4800. The unity system keeps saying invalid entry. Then it forwards to transfer for operator which send it to the NY after hours greeting.

I cant work it out.

I have attatched a word doc with a dump from port monitor and the caller input page for 4899.

Your help apprecited.

Thanks