cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import Subscribers - Error: illegal configuration: MailStore list cannot be

jcharney13
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Unity 3.1.5 with Exchange 2000/AD running off box.

Over the past few weeks,we've been having a problem throughout our offices importing new users into Unity.

We can get to the SA but when we click (+), the import user window opens but we get an error:

Error: illegal configuration: MailStore list cannot be empty (for server PGHEX) in Active Directory configuration. See Unity Troubleshooting Guide.

The server mentioned is not the local message store. We believe it might have been the first Exchange server to be upgraded to E2K but has since been taken offline.

I know there are problems with the global catalog servers changing (requiring a few reg changes) but this is an exchange server. We searched the Registry for the server name thinking it may be a similar issue but we are unable to find it.

Some sites (we have 16) get this error multiple times and can still add accounts but other sites are followed by:

An Unrecognized Error has occurred

We can't think of anything else that may have changed besides taking this Exchange server offline.

3 Replies 3

hchowdh
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen instance of this and it occurs because Exchange server does not happen to have any mailstores.

http://wwwin-metrics.cisco.com/cgi-bin/ddtsdisp.cgi?id=CSCec33989&show=Release-note

I can't get to your link. Is it an internal link?

---

The server listed essentially doesn't exist anymore, so you are right, it doesn't have any mailstores. But it isn't where our subscribers Unity accounts are located. They are on a different E2K server.

By the way, we are not getting any errors in the event logs for this. A TAC ticket was opened but so far no luck, they are asking us to check the GC servers.