Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming call issue SRST with CUCM 7

Hi,

I have a CUCM 7.1 and 2851 Voice Gateway in a location and we activate a 2851 Voice Gateway working as SRST in another location.

IP Phones that are the same location of CUCM can receive external calls from an E1 connect in 2851 Voice Gateway, but IP Phones at the another location, cannot receive calls from an E1 connect in the SRST Voice Gateway.

Any idea of what is happening ?

Tks,

Arthur

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

As i am sure you know ,all PSTN calls are G.711 , so when the call came to the same CUCM they are by default in the same region so the call is connected.

For the other site , did you configure regions and codecs ???

because if you are , i am sure that you configure that the calls between the two regions are g.729 and within the same region are g.711 , just make sure that the SRST gateway is on the same location as the IP Phones on the that site so that when the call come it will be forwarded within the same codec , other wise you need transcoding resources.

Amer

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

As i am sure you know ,all PSTN calls are G.711 , so when the call came to the same CUCM they are by default in the same region so the call is connected.

For the other site , did you configure regions and codecs ???

because if you are , i am sure that you configure that the calls between the two regions are g.729 and within the same region are g.711 , just make sure that the SRST gateway is on the same location as the IP Phones on the that site so that when the call come it will be forwarded within the same codec , other wise you need transcoding resources.

Amer

Thanks Amer !

We found the problem, there was missing a dial-peer redirecting the incoming call from SRST to CUCM.

Arthur