Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing RTMT Tool for 10 Clusters and 10 Unity Servers

prestonhartley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My question is in regards to the recommended hardware specifications for installing RTMT.  I know that each CUCM cluster I have requires its own installation of RTMT and that Unity is also a seperate installation.  Cisco is recommending that you only install 4 instances of RTMT per computer.  However, has anyone ever installed more on a beefed up VM and had success with this?  I would rather not create 5 servers just for RTMT so if anyone has ideas or recommendations for number of processors, memory and storage space I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Preston Hartley

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

What versions of CUCM and Unity are you using?  If all of your CUCM clusters are running the same version then you only need one instance of RTMT and when launched you specify which cluster you want to view.  Same goes for Unity, if you are using Unity Connection.  I normally just run my single instance of RTMT from my own machine, I do not believe there is a need for servers to be deployed just to run the RTMT application.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

What versions of CUCM and Unity are you using?  If all of your CUCM clusters are running the same version then you only need one instance of RTMT and when launched you specify which cluster you want to view.  Same goes for Unity, if you are using Unity Connection.  I normally just run my single instance of RTMT from my own machine, I do not believe there is a need for servers to be deployed just to run the RTMT application.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To add to Tony's thoughts - I have multiple clients with various apps, versions, etc. You name it. I really can't begin to tell you how many different installations I have of RTMT on my Windows VM.  I just keep installing them in different folders.  The only thing is that it's not always easy to correlate the version of RTMT that is needed so you have to come up with some sort of naming convention on the install that works for you.  It's not ideal...but it is what it is currently.

Hailey

Couldn't agree more, good stuff!!

Thanks,
Tony