Views
Helpful
Replies

INVITEs to multiple callees

Chen-Che.Huang1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

In our system, we have a broadcasting feature. For this broadcasting feature, we use a particular caller to send SIP INVITEs to multiple callees concurrently. These callees will automatically accept the INVITE and return 200 OK to the caller. Then, the particular caller sends the media streams to these callees concurrently. However, we find that this feature could not be realized when we use CUCM as our SIP proxy server. When the CUCM receives the multiple INVITEs sent by our particular caller, the CUCM only sends the first INVITE to the callee and returns 486 BUSY to the caller for the rest of the callees. Can anyone point me out how to configure CUCM to make the CUCM forward all INVITEs to the callees rather than return 486 BUSY? Many thanks.

Best regards,

Chen-Che Huang

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chen-Che,

You need to explain your setup in a bit more detail. Which endpoint / application is being used to send the multiple invites? Is it registered to cucm or external? What is the exact call flow? As far as i am aware there is no native feature in cucm to allow multiple endpoints to connect to a single endpoint/resource without using a Paging , Conferencing or similar software.

Manish

Hi Manish,

As I mentioned, we would like to make a caller do voice broadcasting to multiple callees via our own proprietary proxy. We have found the solution to this problem. The CUCM sends 486 busy to our caller when the caller sends 2 or more INVITEs concurrently because the maximum number of calls and busy trigger are set to 2 in the directory number configuration. Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,

Chen-Che