Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone

arivuram16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using cucm-11.5.1. I am trying to configure the auto answer customized audio option for the transferred call but not found any option like that. Can anyone guide or suggest  for this option.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arivu

14 Replies 14

Are you talking about setting a line to auto-answer? If so, this will be true for all calls to that line and not just transferred calls.

Or are you talking about having transferred calls go to Unity Connection and hear a specific audio recording?

Can you clarify the question? What is the exact scenario?

Maren

Hi Maren,

Thanks for your response. Auto answering is configured and same is working fine, if the transferred call showing busy or not answering means we need to customize the audio , is it possible. Hereby i attached the call flow chart. Hope u will get a idea once go thru the flow chart. The last part in the flow chart is not working. Need suggestion/help for the same.

Can anyone update plsss

Sorry, this dropped off my radar.

The diagram you posted looks like a Cisco Unity Connection call handler rather than CUCM itself.

If I understand what you are looking for, I think recording a "Busy" greeting for your call handler in CUC (which will only be played if the call is sent to CUC because of a Busy condition) is what you are looking to do.

The "after greeting action" in CUC for the Busy greeting would be to send the call to the Receptionist at 100.

The "after greeting action" in CUC for the Standard (and/or Closed) greeting would be to take a message.

Is that more in line with what you are asking?

Maren

Is it possible to configure the voice audio for the transferred call. If yes means pl share the sample conf for the same.

Here is a link for configuring System Call Handlers in Unity Connection:

System Administration Guide for CUC 11.x - Configuring System Call Handlers

Forgive me if I am making an assumption here:

I have the impression that English is not your native language. May I suggest that you write out your scenario, concerns and questions in your native language and run it through a translator? Then post both your original question and the English-translated question here. I answered a few questions for a French-speaking poster earlier this week using this method. I can get a much better idea of what you are looking for with more information. And, again, please forgive me if I am off-base with my assumption. I mean no disrespect.

Maren

Hi boss,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I am not comfort with cisco call manager. Here my query is very clear. Has any possible options to configure the greeting message for transferred call while busy or not answering?.. Kindly advice.

CUCM does not have the ability to play a recording for a transferred call or busy call. This function is in Cisco Unity Connection. CUC can play a different greeting for a "busy" call, but does not have the ability to play a different greeting for a transferred call versus a non-transferred call.

I hope this answers your question.

Hi there

This will work as Maren suggested. 

In short Call comes to a Unity Cxn Call handler >> Caller Input >> No Answer Forward to Reception 

Once the call reached Receptionist and he/she didn't answer the call, you can have two options

either redirect the call to Receptionist Voicemail or to another Call handler with your Generic Audio Message.

Do you have UCCX (Contact Center Express) ? Second option is that

Create a Script

> Incoming Call Accept

> Welcome Message

>Language options (1-En,2-Ar)

>Call goes to Agent (Agent based routing)

>If No answer, redirect the call to Receptionist or Agent's voicemail number

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply and one more thing I would like to know. Need to deactivate the voice mail for external calls such as public number, mobile no or pstn etc... Pl suggest and share the configuration template, if any.

What you do mean by 'deactivate'? Do you mean that you don't want external callers from reaching the Unity Connection system to prevent them from leaving voicemails? Or do you mean that you do not want external callers from dialing the DID number of the voicemail pilot? Or do you mean that you do not want Unity Connection to outdial to external numbers?

Maren

don't want external callers from reaching the Unity Connection system to prevent them from leaving voicemails

On the DN configuration page, there are separate fields for "Call Forward No Answer (Internal)" and "Call Forward No Answer (External)"

Set the first with the checkbox to go to voicemail. Set the second to go wherever you want the call to go if the user does not answer. I believe leaving the second field with no setting at all would cause the DN to ring endlessly, which is the case if there is no voicemail configuration at all on the DN.

Maren

Thank you for response. Will try and let u know.