cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible for external callers to reach a phone without a user account?

wesley1
Level 1
Level 1

My company hosts contractors that work under other management, makes no accounts for them.
Issue:  It was recently realized that one of these men couldn't receive calls through his desk phone, and when checked it was revealed that any phone that lacks a currently signed in user is unreachable from external numbers.

They have extensions, but can only be reached internally.  I'm wondering if this is just how it be like or if there's something I can change in the configurations.

We have CUCM version 11.0.1.20000-2.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A device can be not associated to a user and that doesn't change the fact it can receive calls.

If you're using EM, and they're not logged in, then that would be expected and EM DOES depend on user/PIN to work.

This sounds a lot more like you need to look into your CSS and partitions after you determine the exact call flow and look at what's going on there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A device can be not associated to a user and that doesn't change the fact it can receive calls.

If you're using EM, and they're not logged in, then that would be expected and EM DOES depend on user/PIN to work.

This sounds a lot more like you need to look into your CSS and partitions after you determine the exact call flow and look at what's going on there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Well; assuming I understand correctly, the fact that we are using extension mobility means the answer to my question is a resounding "no."

Thank you for the help.

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If you have a phone that is assigned to contractor and has DID number assigned to it then any external caller can reach that device (assuming partition and calling search space has access to external callers).

Are you using extension mobility configured for these users? Do you have DID or just internal numbers assigned to these users? Please provide more details about your scenario.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: