cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a difference?

Natashia14
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a difference between the Cisco Business Edition 6000 - Workspace License Standard (BE6K-UWL-STD)  and Cisco Unified Workspace Licensing Standard Edition (NEW-UWL-STD). I am in the process of implementing a Business Edition 6000H M5, and I am trying to figure out which Workspace license I need. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

From feature wise, there is no difference between BE6K-UWL-STD and NEW-UWL-STD licensing. Both provides same feature set. It is just a different SKU for different deployment model. If you are deploying BE6K then you will need BE6K-UWL-STD otherwise you will require NEW-UWL-STD. The only difference I see is in the pricing. BE6K-UWL-STD provides starter bundle with 35 UWL BE licenses at very low cost. This is not available in NEW-UWL-STD.

With both SKU you get per-user license for the following individual Cisco Unified Communications applications

• Cisco Unified Communications (including instant messaging and presence and Cisco Jabber® desktop and mobile clients)
  • Cisco Unity Connection

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Your Cisco partner should be answering these types of questions for you; they will need to place the order eventually. They also need to know the context so they can determine if there is a promotion available to get additional discounting.

From feature wise, there is no difference between BE6K-UWL-STD and NEW-UWL-STD licensing. Both provides same feature set. It is just a different SKU for different deployment model. If you are deploying BE6K then you will need BE6K-UWL-STD otherwise you will require NEW-UWL-STD. The only difference I see is in the pricing. BE6K-UWL-STD provides starter bundle with 35 UWL BE licenses at very low cost. This is not available in NEW-UWL-STD.

With both SKU you get per-user license for the following individual Cisco Unified Communications applications

• Cisco Unified Communications (including instant messaging and presence and Cisco Jabber® desktop and mobile clients)
  • Cisco Unity Connection

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Yes, as it stated above both part numbers are the same but Cisco positioned each of them for a specific solution (sizing), one significant difference is the SWSS support with BE6K is coming $39 per UWL user while with the NEW-UWL-STD is coming $50 per UWL user.
That why if you plan to go with BE6K server better to stick with BE6K-UWL-STD. (cheaper)
Hopefully, it helps & best of luck.