cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber 11.5 UDS integration with CUCM 11.5 (jabber-config.xml file)

jimihendrix1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to get UDS working with IMP 11.5 and CUCM 11.5, I have performed the exact same integration with IMP 10.5 and CUCM 10.5 and it worked perfectly fine every time. I am even using the exact same jabber-config.xml file for the UDS part that I used on both 10.5 and 11.5  (see attached) and for some reason it is still not working with 11.5. Also I even used the same jabber windows client  with both versions. It works perfect every time on the 10.5 but never with 11.5.

Has anything changed from a UDS jabber-config file standpoint with 11.5 as I couldn't see any changes in the documentation.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I don't like to use jabber-config.xml file for this. If you want to set it right, just use the Service Profile settings and just check that you're using UDS in the Directory settings, which is by default should be checked.

Anyway, you can use this jabber config online tool generator if you want to generate a valid jabber-config.xml, they actually added few things I wasn't familiar with, like the Questionnaire section in the XML, if you'll use this tool and check that you want to use UDS, they'll automatically add this:

<Questionnaire>
   <WhichClient>Android,iOS,Mac,Windows</WhichClient>
   <WhichDeploymentModel>On-Prem</WhichDeploymentModel>
   <WhichProductMode>Full UC</WhichProductMode>
   <WhichCUCMVersion>UseServiceProfile</WhichCUCMVersion>
   <WhichCalendarIntegration>Outlook</WhichCalendarIntegration>
   <WhichDirectory>UDS</WhichDirectory>
 </Questionnaire>
 <Directory>
   <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
 </Directory>

I still don't understand what it does, but I guess it their new method to state what to use, or something general like that.

Anyway, try using Service Profile only for this.

That's the jabber-config.xml online generator:

http://www.ciscojabber.io/

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

I don't like to use jabber-config.xml file for this. If you want to set it right, just use the Service Profile settings and just check that you're using UDS in the Directory settings, which is by default should be checked.

Anyway, you can use this jabber config online tool generator if you want to generate a valid jabber-config.xml, they actually added few things I wasn't familiar with, like the Questionnaire section in the XML, if you'll use this tool and check that you want to use UDS, they'll automatically add this:

<Questionnaire>
   <WhichClient>Android,iOS,Mac,Windows</WhichClient>
   <WhichDeploymentModel>On-Prem</WhichDeploymentModel>
   <WhichProductMode>Full UC</WhichProductMode>
   <WhichCUCMVersion>UseServiceProfile</WhichCUCMVersion>
   <WhichCalendarIntegration>Outlook</WhichCalendarIntegration>
   <WhichDirectory>UDS</WhichDirectory>
 </Questionnaire>
 <Directory>
   <DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
 </Directory>

I still don't understand what it does, but I guess it their new method to state what to use, or something general like that.

Anyway, try using Service Profile only for this.

That's the jabber-config.xml online generator:

http://www.ciscojabber.io/

Thanks Salvik will give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Kindest regards,