cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Application Dial Rules

Chetty
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to understand how these application dial plans work, We have jabber rolled out to most of our users and all the DN’s are pulled from AD.

In AD we have the mobile number field with the number for example as 07973 123456, if a user searches for anyone in Jabber and click to dial, the call fails because we need to prefix with a 9.

This is where I thought Application Dial Rules came into play, instead of creating Route patterns that would affect all phones, I was hoping that I could create a new Application Dial Rule as follows:

Name: Test Strip
Description: Test to see if mobiles are prefixed

Number Begins With: 07973123456

Number of digits: 11

Total Digits to be removed: 0

Prefix With Pattern: 9

Are these dial plans when configured TFTP’d down to Jabber devices when they load, if so where can I find the plan on Jabber.

Thanks,

Martyn

6 Replies 6

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hey Chetty,

why not working with Route / Translation pattern?

Looks to me like a normalization of called numbers, which is a normal doing, when implementing the dial plan.

BR

Hi,

I'm not sure that if I implement a Route/Translation pattern that it would only affect Jabber clients, I don't want to make changes to the way desk phones dial out, they will still need to hit 9 to break out.

Thank-you

Hi,

you could surely configure something like an additional CSS for the Jabber devices, with a separate partition, which contains a RP / TP only for translating the numbers beginning with 0.

Depending on your configuration, could be a lot of work.

But you could also integrate it in your normal dialplan. It won't affect your calling behaviour on the desk phone. They still are able to dial numbers starting with 9.

It would just be another option to dial numbers starting with 0.

That's what the normalization is for, to get different kind of calling behaviours (e.g. 0..., 9..., ) into the same format (e.g. E164) and from there on decide, where should the call go to.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend using Application dial rules. In my opinion, this is a feature from the past.

BR Björn

My advice is to stay as far away from Application Dial rules as you can. Their the deed of the Super Devil and will just cause you sleepless nights and premature aging.

My advice would be to use other means available to you. IMHO the absolute best would be to have the numbers in your directory in +E.164 format and have this format supported to be used in your CM environment straight of without any modifications needed.

Response Signature

Thank you, do you have an example of you solution.

I've at this point thinking of pushing it back to 1st line to get them add the 9 prefix in their AD profile

Thanks for your time

Setup routing for +E.164 in CM and change the numbers in AD to the same format. That way users can make calls directly.

Response Signature