cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber authentication for Windows - stubborn Jabber profile

kenreilly
Level 1
Level 1

I apologise in advance as this is my first post here - I have read as much as I could in the Community before keeling over with information that hasn't helped me yet....I may be too inexperienced. 

Environment:
CUCM 11.5 WITH CUP and CUXN - publishers and subscribers
Jabber 12.9

Issue:
I am troubleshooting a stubborn user where the the IM address (Jabber profile) is still showing as her maiden name, 6 months after her active directory and email address have been changed to her married name. This is also preventing (I believe) her connection to voicemail account in Jabber as it throws up a "voicemail credentials are invalid" error. 

This is not happening to other users on the domain. Our convention for mail would have changed from first initial, last name @ domain to firstname.lastname @domain, but this is not a hard and fast rule as multiple techs mess up. 

Steps taken:
Updated on premise exchange and active directory to remove all traces of maiden name
Synched Call Manager to bring in updated account - reapplied all end user config - no change
Removed Jabber repeatedly; removed cache directories to refresh
Edited jabber-config.xml - please see attached 
User in Presence Topology is found assigned to Sub with correct UserID but still the old IM Address
Removed end user in CUCM from Jabber assignment completely; resynsched with domain and reassigned all Jabber config. No change.

I am not certain of some of the config in the config.xml file - but it is working for other users.

Please help!

Ken, Ireland 

13 Replies 13

b.winter
VIP
VIP

What is the URI scheme in IM&P?

Hi it is username@domain if I understand your question correctly. Directory URI = msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress in the call manager 

I mean the IM address scheme in IM&P admin --> Presence --> Settings --> Advanced Configuration.
But it's probably "UserID@[Default Domain]" in your case.

If so, IM&P won't do any changes in regards to the IM address, if you just change the first or lastname and also the format of the email of the user. Nothing of that is relevant for the IM address.
As long as you don't change the UserID, there won't be a change in IM address.

"where the the IM address (Jabber profile) is still showing as her maiden name" --> is her maiden name included in the user-id? If yes, then you need to change the user-id to be reflected in the IM address

Thanks... a bit confused though.
"As long as you don't change the UserID, there won't be a change in IM address."

I would have thought that as soon as I change her name in AD, then sync with CUCM; her UserID has changed (which it has), but the IM address has not. Topology:

User ID                        First Name                                      Last Name                                          IM Address

jbloggs                           Joanne                                           Bloggs                                          jsmith@domain.com

I don't have an IM&P system at hand any longer to get any screenshots, to make it easier for you to follow, as we have moved to Webex with UCM calling awhile back. But have you updated the other fields referenced? You mention that the SIP uri (Directory URI) is based from msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress, have you updated that field in AD?

Response Signature

Roger - we don't have that field in our AD accounts...

Now you got me confused. You answered this on @b.winter question about what your URI scheme is.

image.png

If you do not have that field in AD how can you then use that as the value to set the directory URI?

Response Signature

That's probably why we're missing the Directory URI in Unified in practically all of our accounts! I think I've been told that we don't need it...everything else seems to be working fine.

Just this one account out of 800 would not change name in IM after the AD account was updated....

Cheers  

You can change that value to use the mail field in AD instead. That’s probably the most common.

Response Signature

Hi @Roger Kallberg and @kenreilly: The directory URI is irrelevant for presence in your case, because you have set your IM address scheme to be "userid@presencedomain" (which is the default setting anyway).
The directory URI would be relevant, if the IM address scheme is set to "DirectoryURI".

Also when adding a new LDAP-directory the directory URI field sync is per default set to "msRTCSIP-primaryaddress".

So, if the UserID was updated, but the IM address didn't, then something with the database table update wasn't working.
I would try to delete the user in CUCM and sync it again. But I think you wrote, you already did that.

Thanks all - I guess I Will try to resync her at some point..

You could also try to change the user from ldap enabled to be a local end user, then delete the user, add the user in CUCM as local user, and then check if the IM address is formed correctly.
The next time the AD sync occurs, the user then should be changed to ldap enabled user again.

I will try that later and thank you.