cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Android Secure Phone

Adamferrell89
Level 1
Level 1

With the latest update for Jabber for Android (11.6), my Google Nexus 6P is finally supported. However, I am getting an error message for the phone services that I am not getting on most devices that I have tested. When I go to the phone services, it says "Please contact your admin to set your phone service as a secure phone, or your phone will not respond."

I currently have the Cisco Dual Mode for Android - Standard SIP Non-Secure Profile installed on my device. I copied that device and changed the SIP port to 5061 and changed the device security mode between authenticated and encrypted, but so far no success. If anyone has any suggestions on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

6 Replies 6

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It could be informative for you , there is limitation while looking into RNE

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/11_6/RN/jaba_b_release-notes-for-cisco-jabber-for-android11_6.html#reference_9379A2AADA4EF8E6993C4340947AC45A

1 If your device OS is 6.0 or 6.0.1, and you use Jabber in the corporate network, then contact your administrator to set your Jabber phone service as a secure phone service, or your phone will not respond. There is a Google case open for this issue with Nexus 6p device, see Android developer link.

Br

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I'm having this issue on a Nexus 6P too, but the Android bug link you provided doesn't seem to be related at all. My phone isn't locking up, I'm just getting the secure phone message.

I am also seeing the same symptoms as reported above with one of my customers. Getting the Please contact your admin to set your phone service as a secure phone, or your phone will not respond message. When i set the secure phone profile and tried again then the phone locked up. 

Is there any other information on this? 

hello james , is your android phone a supported one ? please check if you have assigned the correct sip profile to mobile device and associated the user to the device.

Talking about the same phone as above. Nexus 6p. All Jabber configuration is correct. But the phone is getting the same reported message as above. "Please contact your admin to set your phone service as a secure phone, or your phone will not respond."

I did add a secure profile to the jabber account for this phone. But then it locked up. Also as reported by the bug above

according to jabber 11.7 release notes , its an issue on google side.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/11_7/RN/jaba_b_release-notes-for-android-117.html

" f your device OS is 6.0 or 6.0.1, and you use Jabber in the corporate network, then contact your administrator to set your Jabber phone service as a secure phone service, or your phone will not respond. There is a Google case open for this issue with Nexus 6p device, see Android developer link."