Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber to Jabber Call Transfers

LeeWay
Level 1
Level 1

Jabber v12.8.2.52982 with CUCM v11.5.1.14900-11

Scenario: An agent using Jabber for Windows gets a call and has to transfer the call to their supervisor who is also using Jabber for windows. When they try and initiate the transfer, they can connect to the destination to let them know of the transfer but when they finalize it and press the transfer button, it does not connect and actually disconnects from the destination caller and the original caller would still be on hold.

When the agent using Jabber calls a supervisor on the property, they are able to transfer just fine with no issues. It looks to be just Jabber to Jabber.

Any information or advice to start looking into this?

2 Replies 2

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try and get Jabber problem report from both clients, and run through the Collaboration Solutions Analyzer tool to see if it highlights the problem for you - if the UCM sends BYE it may send a cause code or other information in that message to tell you why.

Some media resource is missing or something else makes it consider the call unacceptable.

The CallManager service log from RTMT may also provide information at that time.

I'll pull those logs when i get the chance! Thank you!

I tested it a little bit more on my end, i have two laptops and two test agent profiles. I called my cell phone and went to initiate the transfer between the two test accounts... and it works fine. There should be no difference between my test agent profiles and the actual agent profiles so why is it that i could transfer but when we tried with the agent it didn't work at all? All accounts are on the same VPN group as well.

Either way, i will get the logs, thank you for the information!