Views
Helpful
Replies

JABBER WITH PRESENCE SERVER : put all users in a fake available status

davidedumas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

my problem is that in my customer's company not all users have jabber and they want to can use the callback functionality even from jabber toward lines not handled by jabber but from normal phones so, since i set to see line status from jabber when these users are in call with their phones, but their jabber status is always offline ( with "in call" status ) and in doing so i can't use the functionality "alert when available".

so what i though is : is there a way to put all users in a fake available status? maybe some settings from presence server?

4 Replies 4

Not possible as far as I know.

Response Signature

I was afraid that was the case...so at today isn't there this functionality ( alert when the remote internal caller finish a call ) without jabber login? this cause customer to unistall jabber and continue to use ip communicator

You should know that IP Communicator is deprecated as it's been announced as EOL. A better solution would be to have all users use Jabber or better yet Webex so that you can simplify the system landscape with removal of the CUPS infrastructure.

Response Signature

i know that is deprecated but the customer rightly replied to me 

"Is a big problem that will make me go back to the old ip communicator.
Users must have equal or greater functionality.
I can't afford to take away functions from users who have been working with the call manager since 2007"

can you blame him?

I think cisco should be more careful about these things.