cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab Setup and Demo Licenses

mdavis1969
Level 1
Level 1

I just set up a Call Manager on a VmWare server for a lab. My license server is started, and all services are activated and look great. My only issue is when I try to add a Cisco IP phone, it will not actually add the end point device. Do I have to get trial licenses to do this or am I just missing something?                  

2 Replies 2

mdavis1969
Level 1
Level 1

Just realized I have not yet applied the latest patch. I am going to first try to apply 7.1(5b)SU5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Until 9.0(1) the system has a built-in 150 DLU/3 node demo license that gets used if you haven't uploaded any licenses. You can check System > Licensing > Report to see what it looks like. Note that the demo license does not include a SW Feature license so you will not be able to upgrade to 8.0 or newer.

If the demo license is intact and shows unallocated DLUs then your inability to add things suggests a database problem. Be sure that Informix is started and healthy.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: