Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP to CUCM sync attributes

calicolin1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CUCM 10.5. I am successfully syncing my LDAP users to CUCM, but by default CUCM uses the LDAP attribute: givenname as the user's First Name. I want to use the LDAP attribute nickname to be the user's First Name instead. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I don't think CUCM allows you to remap the first name field - at least not with AD. If it does with the type of directory you have enabled you'd see the selectable fields in the LDAP Directory config page.

What your directory guys will be able to do is use a technology such as ADAM or provide another LDAP instance that syncs data from your main LDAP, but remaps fields. That could put the data from 'nickname' into 'givenname' in this new instance, to which CUCM would sync and happily get the data you want in the first name field.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I don't think CUCM allows you to remap the first name field - at least not with AD. If it does with the type of directory you have enabled you'd see the selectable fields in the LDAP Directory config page.

What your directory guys will be able to do is use a technology such as ADAM or provide another LDAP instance that syncs data from your main LDAP, but remaps fields. That could put the data from 'nickname' into 'givenname' in this new instance, to which CUCM would sync and happily get the data you want in the first name field.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!