cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logon Error when accessing Unity Admin

david.lawrence
Level 3
Level 3

I have just completed the following upgrade on unity UM from 4.0.3SR1 to 4.0.4SR1 with off box exchange 5.5. I access the unity server from my client PC web browser IE ver 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158, but now get the following error:

Error from authentication subsystem.

error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/web/Common/Error.asp, line 282

I have checked the GrantUnityAccess and my account is still listed correctly. I can access unity Admin without an issue directly from the server.

Anyone come across the same issue and have a resolution?

TIA

D

9 Replies 9

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have another windows 2000 machine you can test this from? XP Sp2 tightened the security and this may be the cause of the problem. It's not a permissions issue because you are able to login to SaWeb when you are on the Unity server.

Is your XP and Unity in the same domain?

Long shot - Open IIS Admin on the Unity server. Right-click on Default Web site. Select the Directory Security tab. Click on Edit for "Anon.. access and..." Check Anonymous and Integrated Windows Authetication. Restart "Default Web Site"

Cisco Unity SA Troubleshooting Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00801ba0ef.shtml

Hin,

thanks for the response. Not sure XP SP2 is the issue as I was able to access Unity Admin this morning Pre upgrade. I have tried to access Unity Admin from a Win2000 SP4 with IE 6 machine but get exactly the same error message appear.

My Xp machine and the 2000 machine I just tried are both on a different domain to the Unity and Exchange boxes. XP/2000 are on a win2003 AD Domain, with Unity and Exchange 5.5 on an Nt 4.0 Domain. There is a 2 way trust between the domains and I can access everything else without a problem. The upgrade to 4.0.4 was done ready for our migration to Exchange 2003 in Jan, at which point Unity will be moved to the AD Domain with new Exchange 2003 and NT 4.0 dropped.

I have checked out IIS and Anonymous and integrated Authentication are both checked already.

I have removed my account and readded using GrantUnityAccess tool, but still the same.

Have accessed from a win2000 machine in the same domain (logging on using my AD logon) and still the same. Logon to the same domain using the account associated with Example Administrator and can access without an issue.

On my Xp machine, if I delete everything on the URL address bar after http:///web/ on the page that displays the error I can access the Unity Admin. However, all the links on the left are unavailable except logoff, Other Unity Servers and the link to setup SMS messaging.

I can ping the box by Name and IP. Any thing else I can try?

TIA

David

Issue ahs been resolved by a reboot of my XP machine. Not sure why this was required, but at least it resolved the issue.

adek.mussin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

Currently we are also found this similar error,

we already tried to reboot client pc's also we tried to restart the unity server and the problem still occured

Currently we are running 1 UM UNity system and we want to upgrade the mailstorage from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Since customer will not tolerate any downtime, we decided to build another Unity server with mailstorage pointing to the 2003 Exchange server.

After we finish installing Cisco Unity, when we tried to access the subscriber page we found this error

"error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/Web/Common/include/SaConstInc.asp, line 107 "

Also from the event viewer we found this error

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_AvCs

Event Category: None

Event ID: 100

Date: 3/21/2005

Time: 3:03:54 PM

User: N/A

Computer: CILUNITY

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. Contact Cisco Technical Support. File: e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_SA1\SA\avsadbconn\AvSaDbSession.cpp at Line: 3517 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

0x5D8EB0CD AvSaDbConn.dll:

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php "

Could somebody help me :)

Thanks in advance

adek.mussin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sir,

Currently we are also found this similar error,

we already tried to reboot client pc's also we tried to restart the unity server and the problem still occured

Currently we are running 1 UM UNity system and we want to upgrade the mailstorage from Exchange 5.5 to 2003. Since customer will not tolerate any downtime, we decided to build another Unity server with mailstorage pointing to the 2003 Exchange server.

After we finish installing Cisco Unity, when we tried to access the subscriber page we found this error

"error '80004005'

Unspecified error

/Web/Common/include/SaConstInc.asp, line 107 "

Also from the event viewer we found this error

Time: 3:03:54 PM

Description:

Exception occurred and handled. Contact Cisco Technical Support. File: e:\views\Unity4.0.2.122\un_SA1\SA\avsadbconn\AvSaDbSession.cpp at Line: 3517 - Error: 80004005H Call stack:

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php "

Could somebody help me :)

Thanks in advance

Do you see any errors or warnings in the app logs of the unity server?

Did you run the latest permission wizard if Exchange 2003 server has Service pack 1 installed?

Does the unity server have Exchange 2003 tools and Service pack1 for exchange 2003 installed?

Hi :)

where can i find the app logs of unity server?

yes we already run the latest permission wizzard

yes we already installed the Exchange 2003 tools and SP1 installed.

Please advise

thanks

Open SaWeb and go to the subscriber page. After you get the error.

Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer.

Click on Application.

Anything during the time you opened SAWeb?

Hi Sir,

This is the error i found on the event viewer

Time: 3:46:19 PM

Description:

Any advise?

Additional info :

Currently both unity server is on the same domain and point to different mailserver. Do you think this will become a problem? Do Unity tried to find the other unity as a failover and become the root cause ofthe problem?

Thanks and regards