cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Main telephone number operator menu

sullyjman12
Level 1
Level 1

We have a mainline that ends with 1000.  All customers and those who are just trying to reach our company dials the xxx-xxx-1000 number and they get prompted with an operator message stating for department x press 2 for department or to reach the operator press 0 which dumps the phone call to a secretary.  We are wanting to update the prompts (names and extenisons) and im a little lost on how to do this.  Im thinking this is something that needs to be done on the Unity server, but the extenison doesnt show up in it.  I can see the 1000 in the call manager under call routing > directory number.

Can someone point me in the direction in regards to updating the prompts/extenisons.

thanks!

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In Unity / Unity Connection, you update prompts using the Greetings Administrator.  This can be set up a number of ways, actually.  I usually allocate a DID for CUGA and setup a CTI Route Point in CUCM that is set to foward all to VM.  In Unity / Unity Connect, you would then have a routing rule that sends calls to the DID to the conversation for CUGA.  Not everyone does this though as you could send a caller to the CUGA conversation from an existing Call Handler (i.e., no dedicated DID assigned).  If you cannot find how to get to CUGA using your existing configuration then you can assign a new number and go with the CTI Route Point / Routing Rule method.  You don't have to assign a DID...as long as you can dial the number of the CTI route point and be forwarded to VM properly then you should be able to faciliate the setup.

You can also use the Media Master (in most cases) to update a Call Handler recording.  In this case, you would login to the administration page for Unity / Unity Connection, go to the Call Handler you'd like to update the greeting for, and then configure the Media Master in the browser to dial your IP phone.  You would then use the record/playback prompts to do the rest.

The advantage to the CUGA method is it provides a repeatable, TUI-based method to record prompts.  You are also prompted to save the new prompts before they are used.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!