Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum Call Duration problem

A ND
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I have CUCM and CCX 11.6 .i have set Maximum Call Duration timer to 30 minutes so my agents get disconnected in 30 minutes. but when they push Hold button the timer resets and they can talk for another 30 minutes . they don't even need to hold the call for a long time to reset the timer, they just push the button and the timer resets. do you have any ideas if this is the design of callmanager or i am doing something wrong? cause its a bit strange that just by holding, someone can reset call duration timer .

thanks .

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The CUCM maximum call timer service parameter is intended only as a safety measure to prevent a hung/stuck call, hopefully due to some unforeseen circumstance and not a bug, from remaining in an active state indefinitely in CUCM’s internal memory. If a customer actually had 12+ hour calls I would raise the timer, not tell users to expect the call to drop.

I do not recommend using this to police agent behavior. Better approaches would be setting thresholds on real time reports in CUIC/Finesse and using historical reporting to easily identify non-compliant agents For coaching. You could even write a Finesse gadget that helps remind/warn the agent.

PS- I know nothing about your business but telling an agent they MUST hang up on a caller at 30 minute mark, no matter what the circumstance, seems likely to result in frustrated customers. Perhaps a combination of call recording and reports would afford agents the ability to use judgement - and defend their choice - when necessary?

Thanks for the reply

but in our circumstances we need a solution to disconnect Agents if they talk more than 30 minutes. so i appreciate any help to find a solution.

The only other thing I can envision doing that is a TCL script on the ingress gateway.

A solution to your requirement would be a 3rd party custom solution - a custom Finesse gadget which disconnects the call automatically after 30 minutes. 

Haha, I worked in a call center like this.  Most likely they are a contracted helpdesk, so they get paid by the number of calls they take.  In the call center I worked, they did not care if you solved the problem or not, you just had to hang up at 30min no matter what.

I believe the though process was that even if you did not resolve the issue, you hang up on the customer; they call back and now you have 2 calls for the price of one and possibly more if they hang up again.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello