Views
Helpful
Replies

MCU 5110 with CUCM 6.x/7.x and 8.x

gustavogravina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are having problems in the integration of the new MCU 5110 as "Conference Bridge" in the CUCM. The MCU is registered in the CUCM with we cannot use the ad-hoc feature on the phones. Once me make the video Call between two phones everyting is fine, later we try to add a third participant and it doesnt work. We did all the steps to add MCU correctly in the CUCM. We tried adding the MCU 5110 as 35xx because the new line of MCU is not added in the menu on Conferece Bridges on the CUCM. If someone had a better experience please help us.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have not worked on the MCU 5110 unit before, but based on your description of the issue, I would need to see the trace files to see how the conference bridge is being selected.  Have you assigned your conf bridges to media resource groups?  Are you sure the MRGL assigned to the phones using video?  By default, CUCM will attempt to use the first conf bridge in the MRGL.  In 6.x, there was no preference for video over audio conf bridge, so if an audio bridge was found first, then it was used and ignored video bridges.   In 7.x and 8.x, we have a preference to use Video bridges over audio if all parties can do video (via Service Parameters)

To test the video conf allocation, if you have not already done so, create  a MRG that contains only the Video CFB, assign that to a MRGL, then assign that MRGL to the video phones.  Try making the video call again.  If the call is not video, the only other thing I can think of is that the video layout on the 5110 is not valid for CUCM.  If there is a failure, check the SDI trace files for the CFB allocation and any failure.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Hi Dan,

Thank you very much for your support. We did all the necesary steps that you mentioned. The problem is solved now. It was a matter of removing a route pattern in the CUCM and restarting the trunk, the device pool and the MCU.

Regards.