cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MeetingPlace Express outdial

KARL WHITSON
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed MPE version 1.1.3 and can call MPE from any ip phone or PSTN phone. I can not make MPE call out though. I get this error when I try to have MPE call out: "Call cannot be placed. Possible illegal phone number or telephone configuration problem?" I have attempted to have MPE call my IP phone, or PSTN phone. No luck on either. I have setup MPE as an H.323 gateway. I have a Route pattern to send calls to 8450 to MPE, which works. What am I missing to have MPE make a successful outdial? How do I tell MPE to dial a 9 or another digit to access an outside line from Call Manager. My primary gateway is an MGCP gateway with a PRI.

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I worked with Cisco on this one. The Group Default setting for Outdial Meeting Defaults, is not to allow outdial. You can change this on a user by user basis by going to the user configuration and editing a user. Go down to the section Outdial Meeting Defaults and change the field "Can call out of meetings" to YES.

Ginger

Ginger

Thanks for the reply. I already have that set to yes. Is there anything special that I need to do in CM other than define MPE as an H.323 gateway? I setup a route pattern to call into MPE and that works fine. I just cannot dial out.

Hi -

Make sure your gateway IP address is the same as your Eth0 IP address. We're using mostly default gateway config, for outbound calls:

Calling Party Selection - Originator

Calling Party Presentation - Default

Called party IE number type unknown - Cisco CallManager

Calling party IE number type unknown - Cisco CallManager

Called Numbering Plan - Cisco CallManager

Calling Numbering Plan - Cisco CallManager

Make sure the port number on the gateway matches that you have coded in MPE for H.323 configuration - port 1720.

Let me know what you have coded in MPE and CallManager and I can compare what's on our system.

Ginger

I have same error message. My port matches in callmanager, everything looks okay.

I am not using a gatekeeper.. I only have one routepattern that gets to meetingplace.

All calls get to meetingplace but I cannot callout. My outbound gateways are mgcp

Help

I found my fix it was on the callmanager H323 gateway config.. I had it set for 10 digits instead of 11 I actually set to 32 and all worked okay.

I have same error, I have configured all necessary information for the system,but the outdial didn't worked.

Please,help

Many thanks.