Views
Helpful
Replies

MESSAGE button rings to opening greeting after CM4 upgrade

Joseph.Cram
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I re-installed CM in our lab environment this week. It was running 3.3.3 and now its 4.0(1)sr2a.

After going thru the new Voicemail Port wizzard and creating the new route/hunt list stuff, I appear to have everything working right except the Messages button on the phone.

When I press the messages button, I get the main greeting instead of the password/login dialog.

Unity was left mostly untouched and is 4.0.3

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On Unity, open Call Viewer and see what numbers are being passed to Unity from CCM.

If the number passed is the DN of the subscriber, then the problem is on Unity. Confirm this piece of information first.

H. M.

Ah Hah,

I think i've found my problem, altho don't exactly know how to fix it yet. With the CM4.0 upgrade we also installed a PRI with DID's in the Lab. The number being passed now is the full 10 digit number, not just the last 3 digits (which is the extension defined in unity).

Looks like I need to define a mask somewhere.

On the gateway config on CCMAdmin, check "Sig Digits", and set "Num Digits" to 3. I only have access to Callmanager 3.2 right now but I am pretty sure it's the same in 4.x.

H. M.