cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Microsoft OCS 2007 and Cisco Jabber Parallel Run (Federation)

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to do the migration from Microsoft OCS 2007 to Cisco Jabber. We are using the Microsoft OCS 2007 for IM a long time. Now, we want to replace to Cisco Jabber. As the migration, is it possible on parallel run both? 

Can I set the federation (SIP Federation? XMPP Federation as internal network? Email Federation Domains?) between the Cisco IM& Presence and the Microsoft OCS 2007 (Not R1 / R2) ? This is two way federation? I don't know how to set the Microsoft OCS federation? Must be the different domains on OCS and Jabber?

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Check out this guide, this should help you.Basically you can have Jabber and OCS in the same domain and migrate.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/intradomain_federation/9_1_1/CUP0_BK_PFB0D200_00_partitioned-intradomain-guide-911/CUP0_BK_PFB0D200_00_partitioned-intradomain-guide-911_chapter_0101.html

Please rate useful posts.

Is it support the Microsoft OCS 2007 only? (Not R2)

I think it doesn't matter, but the guide has R2 all over it.

During the Parallel Run, I will search the double users both of the Cisco Jabber & OCS?

Because Presence & OCS will sync the same users?

When you enable a user for Jabber, you will disable them in Lync at the same time. You cannot have a user on both Lync and Jabber.

I want to know some detail federation users' behaviors ...
1. The Jabber users & OCS users should manually add the federation domain users as the member? Then we can IM with the different domains?
2. Can group chat between Jabber and OCS?

3. Jabber can archive the IM message, like OCS? 

The compatibility information said ... The Microsoft OCS 2007 will not support Intradomain Federation ... That mean I cannot use the same domain between Jabber and OCS?

If yes, can I modify the jabber's presence domain as the other domain? Then I can run the Interdomain Federation to OCS?