Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration of CUCM 7 to 10.x

Dear Team,

One of my customer is willing to migrate his old version of CUCM and CUC into Latest version of 10.5, After completion of site inspection , i got the below information 

1. Existing version of CUCM 7.1.5 install & configured on MCS server 7816 i4 (Publisher and Subscriber)

2. Existing Version of CUC 7.0  install & configured on MCS server 7816 i4

As per my knowledge, by using PCD we can migrate CUCM 7.1.5 to 10.5 on UCS Server but i didn't find related information for CUC because my confusion is CUC is running on version 7.0 and CUCM running on 7.1.5.

Can we use PCD to migrate CUC 7.0 into Latest version of 10.5. on UCS Server.

Also most of the docs & videos which i have seen on PCD, shown how to migrate Publisher not subscriber. But in my client place i have seen old MCS Pub & Sub also we are providing 2 UCS server bundles.

can you please advise me to proceed further. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Seshu

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Seshu,

PCD can not be used to migrate CUC from 7.0 to a 10.x version. You should use COBRAS tool to backup 7.x version of CUC and build a new Unity connection on UCS and import the backup.

When you want to upgrade your version of CUC, it might be easier to use the COBRAS in order to jump directly to the correct version instead of the need to run an upgrade or a DRS restore, which has its own requirements. A DRS restore requires that you restore to the same exact version of CUC from which the restore is taken. The COBRAS allows you to take a backup and then restore to a newer version of CUC. This can be especially useful if you change hardware or if you are in a virtual environment.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unity-connection/118350-technote-cuc-00.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

[+5] to Manish.

Hi Seshu,

you can refer the link which says

Supported Releases

The following list outlines the supported releases for each task:

Cluster Discovery

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases Supported: 6.1(5), 7.1(3), 7.1(5), 8.0(1-3), 8.5(1), 8.6(1-2), 9.0.(1), 9.1(1), 9.1(2), 10.x
  • Cisco Unified Presence Releases Supported: 8.5, 8.6
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Releases Supported: 9.0(1), 9.1(1), 10.x
  • Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Releases Supported: 8.5.1, 9.0, 9.0.2, and 10.x
  • Cisco Unity Connection Releases Supported: 8.6.1, 8.6.2, 9.x and 10.x

Migration to 10.x Cluster

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases Supported: 6.1(5), 7.1(3), 7.1(5), 8.0(1-3), 8.5(1), 8.6(1-2), 9.0.(1), 9.1(1), 9.1(2), 10.0(1)
  • Cisco Unified Presence Releases Supported: 8.5(4), 8.6(3), 8.6(4), 8.6(5)
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Releases Supported: 9.0(1), 9.1(1), 10.0(1)
  • Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Releases Supported: Migration Not Supported
  • Cisco Unity Connection Releases Supported: Migration Not Supported

Upgrade Task (Upgrade Application Server or Install COP Files)

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager Releases Supported: 8.6(1-2), 9.0.(1), 9.1(1), 9.1(2), 10.x
  • Cisco Unified Presence Releases Supported: 8.6(3), 8.6(4), 8.6(5)
  • Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service Releases Supported: 9.0(1), 9.1(1), 10.x
  • Cisco Unified Contact Center Express Releases Supported: 9.0(2), 10.x
  • Cisco Unity Connection Releases Supported:
    • From 8.6(x) to 8.6(x)
    • From 8.6(x) to 9.x
    • From 9.x to 9.x
    • From 10.0(1) to 10.x

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/PCD/10_5_2/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052_chapter_01.html

You can also refer Table 1  of below link

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/PCD/10_5_2/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052/CUCM_BK_P2A4DD2C_00_pcd-rns-1052_chapter_01.html

When u do the cluster discovery , all the servers in  existing cluster would bve discovered.Now, u need to have DEstination Cluster which would have Source cluster along with  VM to migrate to for each node in old cluster.After this , u would have A migration task

regds,

aman

Thanks a lot Manish. Shall i download the COBRAS tool from Cisco Web Site. 

Regards,

Seshu

Hi Seshu,

You can download from the following link

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/COBRAS.html

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Thanks a lot Manish. I was downloaded import and export cobras tool. I will check in google how to use this tool. 

Can you please help me one more thing, i am planning to use PCD to migrate  MCS to UCS for CUCM but most of them are saying careful about licensing part, from past few days, i am trying to understand about licensing part but not getting proper document.

I know how to use PCD tool, when it will come to the Licensing part i am getting confuse, can you please help me out if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Seshu

Hi Seshu,

For licensing its best to email licensing@cisco.com , they will let you know what exactly is required.

Manish