cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mixed UCS and MCS cluster

gmckay948vmb
Level 1
Level 1

I know (or am at least sure) that a CUCM 8.5 cluster is supported where three of the five  CUCM servers officially are capable of supporting the version (8.5) in question, while retaining two subscribers on MCS78x5H2's.

However, what I am not sure about whether I can replace a publisher and two subscribers which are on MCS7835H2's with a pair of C210M2's which would host the publisher and two subscribers (which is enough for the number of phones), but keep the remaining 2 MCS7835H2 subscribers as part of the cluster.

My doubt comes from the fact that the tested OVA template for the CUCM servers on the C210's are tested to support 7,500 users, which I've seen described (maybe not on official Cisco collateral) as equivalent to MCS7845's.

So the question is, can I deploy the Pub and Subs 1 and 2 on a pair of C210's, while keeping the MCS7835H2's in the cluster. The reason for keeping them in the cluster is for geographic reslience.

I guess its the same as having the Pub and Subs 1 and 2 on MCS7845's and the other two Subs on MCS7835's.

Is this supported?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can have any combination you want as long as you adhere to the basic networking and best practices from SRND.

On your scenario I assume the 7835s will be a failover pair so you won't be mixing models in the CUCM groups or oversubscribing servers during failover.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate