cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Unity's in AD

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

I installed another unity in the same AD of another previously installed unity. I know the Unity's will find each other in the AD, and I will be implementing digital networking.

I happened to notice that in the unity admin of the new Unity server, I could see the distribution lists from the other server. I guess this is normal - but I ran the dbwalker utility on the server to see what is would report, and got this error for every list on the other server:

Alias=All EH Network Sales

Display name=TCI EH Network Sales

Extension= 19023

1233:(error) the extension number for this object conflicts with one or more objects in the directory

All objects found to be using extension #19023:

Distribution List with a display name=TCI EH Network Sales

Distribution List with a display name=TCI EH Network Sales

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Public distribution lists in Unity are considered global events - so if you've assigned extensions to them (optional) those extensions should be globally unique for addressing purposes. In this case if users on either Unity server address a message by extension number to 19023 it wont know which DL you mean.

Either don't assign extension numbers to PDLs or use a numbering scheme to keep them seperate in the directory.

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Are you using the same extensions on both Unity servers?

No - actually the new unity doen't have anything on it.

john_greenwood
Level 1
Level 1

Thats the strange thing about it. I didn't create anything on the new Unity server at all. [no PDL / CH / SUB]I just ran that dbwalker after I installed it to see what Unity thought of the PDL it seen. It almost seems like it thinks there are 2 of them, when there is only 1 on the existing server. Thats what is puzzling me. Thanks..