cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI not lighting

John.McCartney1
Level 1
Level 1

I started a new position where the site has 2 clusters within the bldg. One is on UCM 8.6.2 for admin users and another on 9.0.1 for contact center agents (multiple contact centers will be stood up, 1st one last week). When an agent is logged into CC (line 2) and a call comes in on the Prime line (1), if if a caller leaves voicemail the MWI never lights up on the phone (line 1).

Admin cluster uses 11XX & 11YY for MWI, Contact center uses 99XX & 99YY for MW VARS were involved with implementation, not sure why it was config'd this way, multiple . Unity connection 8.6 is used.

Do both clusters need to use the same MWI #'s or can they be different? Right now only the one group of users is on CC cluster; I tested manually dialing MWI #'s on CC phone with 99XX & 99YY and the phone lights up.

I'm not familiar with CC in this version, used 4.0.5 a little many years ago, I'm sure its changed a lot. We have a contractor standing up the CC for us.

Thnks!

3 Replies 3

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can start the troubleshooting by restarting of unity connection notifier service first at CUC.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

I fixed it on Unity. The way it was built for the affected users was to point the MWI to the Admin cluster which used a different MWI #'s. Rebuilt them to point to the other cluster and it now works.

John

Good to know that John :-)