Helpful
Replies

Network-Based Recording +Extended Media Forking

Roman Isaiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone!

I have Cisco ISR4451, ios 16.12.5

I would like to use Network-Based Recording +Extended Media Forking together, but it doesn't work.

If i use Network-Based Recording-it`s work, if i use Extended Media Forking-it`s work, but if i use it together-it doesn`t work.

I did not find any information that these functions could not or could work together.

Help me to understand, will this functionality work together?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AFAIK you can’t invoke both for the same call on the same CUBE. Short of a two-tier CUBE design (and double the licenses) with the CUBE CUCM has a SIP trunk to using XMF and a second CUBE facing the provider using NBR, I believe you have to choose one or the other. Or use the media proxy approach to fork RTP to multiple SIPREC destinations. 

May I ask why you need both for the same call? What are you trying to achieve with both that one or the other doesn’t offer?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AFAIK you can’t invoke both for the same call on the same CUBE. Short of a two-tier CUBE design (and double the licenses) with the CUBE CUCM has a SIP trunk to using XMF and a second CUBE facing the provider using NBR, I believe you have to choose one or the other. Or use the media proxy approach to fork RTP to multiple SIPREC destinations. 

May I ask why you need both for the same call? What are you trying to achieve with both that one or the other doesn’t offer?

Hello Jonathan, thank you for your reply!

We configured XMF on CUBE but noticed that it doesn't work while NBR is configured. I was wondering if this is an IOS issue or if these features can't work together.

Now I understand what I can use NBR or XMF on the same CUBE.