Views
Helpful
Replies

Networked CUC Cluster With LDAP User Cant Log Into GUI of Other CUC

vincent.mignano
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Collab Community!

I have an issue with logging into 3 CUC clusters that are networked with Legacy Intrasite setup

We have LDAP Integrated users setup for voicemails and several are also Administrators on the clusters.

When a user is integrated and configured to one cluster, they appear on the other two. If they have the proper roles set, they can log into the cluster they are primarily configured on, but cannot on the other two networked clusters.

Is there a way to get them to log into the other two clusters with their LDAP credentials? Right now, the Admin users have a separate local account set up for each cluster and our ISD group is forcing us to get them to use their network ID to log in.

Thanks for any help in advance!

Vinny

Vincent Mignano
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You’ll need to create a non VM user on each of the other CUCs and assign the required roles to it for each user that should have access to the admin UI. The easiest is to first make sure that the administrator user template has all the roles that you want/need and then use that template when you create the user accounts. The non VM account should have the same alias as the LDAP account.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

You’ll need to create a non VM user on each of the other CUCs and assign the required roles to it for each user that should have access to the admin UI. The easiest is to first make sure that the administrator user template has all the roles that you want/need and then use that template when you create the user accounts. The non VM account should have the same alias as the LDAP account.

Response Signature

Hey Roger,

I deleted my lab voicemail account and re-added it with the AD Import and made it an administrator on both clusters. We're going to have to have admin user use a different sys account, which we use, to separate the AD end user account with the AD administrator account.

Thanks,

Vinny

Vincent Mignano

We have multiple servers in an HTTP network and I can login with the same credentials on both. On one server I have a voicemail account that is LDAP synchronised and on the other I have non-voicemail account that grants me admin access.

Response Signature

For Legacy cross-cluster logins, have you fully followed this guide?

HTTPS Networking Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 11.x - Cross-Server Sign-In, Transfers, and Live Reply 

Or, if you are using an older version exactly which version and exactly which style of instrasite communications?

Maren

AFAIK what is described in this article is end user related, not admin user related.

Response Signature