New OutDial Restriction table does not work

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

The working environment:

Unity 3.1(6) VM with Exchange 5.5, PDC, BDC off-box

CCM: 3.3(3)

I created a new outdial restriction table RTManager to all 91???????* rule (Default one is disabled).

And create a new COS as COSManager, a new subscriber template as ManagerTemeplate.

I add a new subscriber, and on Message notification, if I put outdial no. as 911234567 on phone notify, I got the error message of:"Phone number does not fit in your dialing rule or dialing permission".

But if I allow 91???????* on the default outdial restriction table, I then can put 911234567 on notification.

It looks that my new subscriber is still using the default outdial restriction table.

Do I miss something on my configuration?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Remember, the restriction tables are enforced against the user _making the change_ not against the RT of the subscriber you're making the change on. So if you assigned Subscriber A to a COS that had your new RT, make sure you test by loging in as subscriber A and attempting to change the outdial number (either over the phone or via the SA if that user has access).

The user making the change in the SA has their RT evaluated to see if they have rights to add the number in question... this way admins can assign outdial or transfer numbers for users that don't have rights to do that.

Hi ,

I just learned about this one, When you log in as system admin, you take on the profile of the Example System admin. What you should do is, go to the Example Administrator, go to the COS and to the restriction table, change the outdial to be your customized one. Then you will be able to do your test. The reason is that, the design intent is that the End User does the setting up of their outdailling. Therefore, the user who is setting up the Outdial must have the same permissions as the actual user.

Hope this helps.