cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No UCSS migration...

steande2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If customer is not interested in upgrading CCM v4.x to 8.x using the 3 and 3 promotion, are we offering an upgrade SKU at 50% off Enhanced IP User price?

6 Replies 6

whamblin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, but with the 3&3 program the price per user is $3+$26(UCSS) or $29 per user.  With UCSS, you can go back and pickup interim 6.x or 7.x releases to help you do the two step upgrade.

If you upgrade ala carte, it is 50% of $210 or $105 per user.

Seems to me that the 3&3 offer delivers more i.e. UCSS included and upgrade media at almost a quarter of the price  Why would anyone by the ala carte upgrade?

Federal gov't customer procurement contract for hw/sw only. They cannot purchase recurring costs items, i.e. ESW/UCSS with product and need to upgrade. When running config thru the DCT tool I see the migration SKU's for $3, but I cannot find the 50% off SKU. Does anyone know what it is for Enhance IP User?

This is outline in the "Ala-Carte Upgrade" section of the internal doc http://zed.cisco.com/confluence/download/attachments/285147981/UCL+Ordering.pptx

If you need external references Search for the “Table 7” (~p19) in Chapter 3 of Ordering Guide.  http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/uc_sol_og_ucl_final.pdf

btw, it is my undertanding that federal customers can not purchase re-occuring cost items, but they are allowed to purchase 1 yr UCSS and not make it re-occuring.  If you look at the definition of the 3&3 program, federal customers are allowed to purchase 1 yr UCSS and still take advantage of the program.

Understand 100% what you are saying. Still can't include UCSS/ESW items on response to a hw/sw only procurement contract for this customer. Found the answer I needed in the ppt. Thanks for your help.

steande2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks