Helpful
Replies

Not able to install CUCM 8.5 on ESXi VMWare

anis_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

Please have alook on attached file.

Im getting this error in the mid of installation, can any body help why is that so ?

Regards

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

What version of VMware?

Can you post up the virtual machine configuration?

I sometimes get similar errors when installing on my home lab servers - generally a random terminal failure, but it seems to be related to the performance of those servers. Shutting down whatever else is running tends to help.

This does appear to specify the NICs though, did you specify a custom NIC type or anything?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi,

The Esxi version is 4.1

Attached are the configuration snap shots. no i didnt customize the nic

Regards,

Regards

I had a problem with the ESXi logs filling up and changes were not able to made when running ESXi 4.1 on a UCS server. Can you post a screenshot of the NIC, does the NIC show as connected? I couldn't connect the NIC till I emptied the logs or restarted the ESXi host.

Hi

Are you running ESXi inside VMware Workstation or something like that?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Have you tried import the OVA file from Cisco?

If you don't use OVA, use the following configuration:

REHL 4, 32-bit

2G RAM

75 HDD

Michael

Guys,

I sorted out the issue i just deployed the OVA 8.5 into my VMWare & every thing went smooth.

This was my first instllation of CUCM into VMWare & i was not aware of OVA template ....

One more question regarding OVA template that while deploying i got three options:

• 1000 user node (Disk 1 x 80GB)
  • 2500 user node (Disk 1 x 80GB)
  • 7500 user node (Disk 2 x 80GB)

I selected first option as i have only 200 users at this time ...

can i increase the memory or disk space of my VMWare later ?

& do u think 80GB disk space will be fair enough for data storage of CUCM in future as well ?

Regards,

Hi

Increasing memory can be done by changing the assigned RAM in the VM config.

Increasing disks requires a rebuild so that the build process can properly assign the partitions etc.

CUCM works within the amount of space that is assigned - for example if you create a smaller disk (latest ver allows around 50gb or so) then you might have to delete log files and so on for upgrades to complete properly. If you have a busy system, you might find your log files cycle too quicky if you are trying to troubleshoot something...  and presumably if you expand to a point where you have a lot of configuration, additional locales/software and tftp files that you might have problems with small disks.

You should deploy the OVF template that suits your 'final' expected user count with plenty of headroom, rather than start small.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..