Views
Helpful
Replies

ODBC connection to informix will not connect

Laura Mayer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying all day to get an ODBC connection to our new informix server. I installed the IBM Informix ODBC Driver for 64bit and ran the odbc in 32 bit. Every time I try to connect it says:

test connection was not successful. [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]System error occurred in network function.

I checked the username uccxwallboard and changed the password. I cannot find anything that tells me how to connect, the correct service (which I think is port), the right protocol or the right environment.

is there document out there that would tell me what I need to do to connect to this?

Thanks

Laura

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Laura

32-bit ODBC tool is for configuring 32-bit ODBC drivers. Follow the instructions here to install 32-bit on your 64-bit OS: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/InformixODBC/InformixODBC.html

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Laura

32-bit ODBC tool is for configuring 32-bit ODBC drivers. Follow the instructions here to install 32-bit on your 64-bit OS: http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/InformixODBC/InformixODBC.html

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, much appreciated. 

ciscohinds
Level 1
Level 1

Ensure that the account is permissioned for Audio Text Manager:

Go to Unity Connection Administration page and click on USERS => ADMIN (or the account that you are trying to connect with).
Choose EDIT => ROLES.
Add the following roles to the account:
Audio Text Administrator
Remote Administrator