Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio to Voicemail for some CUPS clients

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Good Day

I have some clients running the CUPS version 8 client who have the "Use my desk phone for audio" button ticked who experience one way audio when they ring the voicemail pilot from their physical phone.

When this fault occurs,  they hear please enter your pin..... and then the line goes silent.

I have other clients who dont have this fault at all.

The phones are a mix of 7941s and 7961s and all running load SCCP41.9-0-3S.

I have double-checked that CTI control is enabled for all of the phones, the phones are associated with a user, and the User is a member of the CCM Users and standard CTI enabled group.

The fault is not displaying itself on my laptop/phone.

I had one of the other users who is having the fault login to my CUPS client.

The fault does not manifest.

I then logged into his CUPS client and have the same fault he has complained of.

I think that the problem is going to come down to the phones themselves somehow, but am at a bit of a loss as to how to isolate the problem.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Regards

Amanda

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Amanda

This one sounds like a little strange. I can't think how the CUPS client itself could cause any issue with audio from a desk phone. The RTP streams in this environment go directly between the end points (the phone and Voicemail server) and not via the CUPS client. The CUPS client only requests the signalling / call setup.

Are the desk phones all at the same site? Are they in the same VLAN / subnet as the voicemail server. Is it Unity Connection? Is there a WAN or VPN between the phones and the voicemail server?

Barry

Hi Barry,

Thank you very much for your email.

Yes, this is a strange one.

The problem the guys have with one way audio to the Voicemail server goes away when they remove the tick in CUPS saying use my deskphone for audio.

I can not help but believe that there is going to be a CTI issue somewhere because the problem with Voicemail goes away just as soon as they instruct the CUPS client to not control the deskphone.

The affected users are on the same vlan as the un-affected users.

We have both affected and unaffected at this local site and at the Sydney office.

The voicemail server (Unity connection) is local for Sydney users and remote for Perth users.

In both cases,  the phones are all on the same vlan.

The fault is not limited to a type of phone.

There is no firewall in between the phones and the various voice servers.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks very much

Regards

Amanda