Views
Helpful
Replies

Only 1 Subscriber is unable to make any external Calls

Lionel young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Wondering you someone can point me in the correct direction to correct this issue for our VIP.   Our main Phone admin took another position outside the company and I’m stepping in but, still just learning. 

Ok, We have a remote site of about 100 subscribers all on 10.5 CUCM.  At this site I have one subscriber that cannot make any external calls to any number they have tried or the local onsite front office tech there.  All internal calls in/out work and they can receive external calls ok.  To add to the issue this subscriber has 3 different lines (one line for each of the sites) and the issue is on all 3 lines on any phone I move the line or lines to including his soft phone.  Anyone else at the same site and compete all calls to the same number(s) this subscriber is unable to complete.  When this subscriber tries to make an external call they always get the Cisco message that "the call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number and try again".  I currently have all 3 of his line on my phone and cannot make external calls from his lines as well.  I have compared line & phone settings to multiple users at the same site and I don’t see a specific setting that I think would cause this issue to be on his lines or phone.  This all started about 2 weeks ago for the subscriber.    I do currently have a TAC case open and have been worked with them also.

I have also done trace analyzer checks and they show that the calls should be complete the calls.

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Check the Calling Search Space for the lines. Is it the same as a working phone? Sounds like the CSS assigned may not have access to the proper partition(s).

Brandon

All the phones i have compaired the subscribers phone to all have the same CSS.  We only use 2 CSS's for this location.  I checked the subscribers phone and line settings aginst 6 other user phones that can make any external local or long distance calls ok, including the numbers I have been provided as not working on subscribers phone.  

I can move either line to another known working phone prior the the move and the issue follows the line every time.

Shekhar Bijjuri
Level 1
Level 1

As all phones in one site are not working, i am suspecting the CSS and PT associate to line.

Shekhar,

all phones are working except one user.  if i replace the line in question with another the issue goes away.   if i place the same line on a different phone or softphone the issue follow it.  

In this case, please check the partition assigned to the line should be in the list of the CSS which you have assigned to the line.