Replies

Outside dial tone !

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all.

i am labbing this to clear my concept. I am using CUCM 8.0

I created a route pattern

956.7XXX (Partition->None) and gateway 10.1.2.4 (my router as CME and one phone registered with DN 7111)

Outside dial-tone is checked

Offnet

Urgent priority (unchecked and checked, both resulted the same)

Problem:

Now from my phone registered to CUCM, when i press 95 it starts giving me secondary dial-tone, i want users to press 956 completely before they get the outside dial tone.

how can i do that ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi John

Run a 'Route Plan REport'. Look for anything :

- Starting with 6

- Starting with something like X or !

- Starting with something like [4-7]

Any DN, translation pattern, or anything with a number starting 6 can cause this - not just route patterns.

And so on that may match your 6 as an initial digit. If not sure, export the dial plan using the link on the top right to Excel, and post it up.

Route Plan report will also show you unassigned DNs - where you had an extenion on a  phone, deleted the phone, and the DN is still 'alive' but orphaned in the system. You might have one of those..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Also pls tell me, does discard digits Pre.Dot has anything to do with outside dial tone ??

Hi John

Predot discard doesn't have any effect on dial tone; it's only used as a 'placeholder' to perform digit discards on - e.g. 'PreDot Discard', often used to drop a '9' or other prefix.

In order to get external dial tone, ALL the possible dial patterns you could match must have 'secondary dial tone' checked. In your case, I guess there is nothing else that starts with 95, so when you have dialled 95 the system knows the only valid option left is for you to dial a 6. You therefore get secondary tone 'early'.

If you create a copy of the 956.7XXX route pattern like 957.7XXX (it doesn't neeed to actually work, just be on the system) and turn OFF secondary dialtone on this second pattern, then you should get secondary tone only after the third digit.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Sir i asked this because of the following issue

I have configured the following route patterns in my environment. In all below patterns, i have configured provide outside dial tone and urgnet priority.

600.00!           

600.03XXXXXXXXX               

600.0600XXXXX           

600.0[24-9]!           

600.111XXXXXX               

600.81XXXXX       

600.[39]XXXXXXX   

When i dial 6 i dont get secondary dial tone

When i dial after 6, i suddenly get the secondary dial tone !!. Why is this so ? when CUCM detected 6, it will list all the above patterns right, and all above patterns have secondary dial tone configured, so why it didnt play in the first time ?

Kindly help me understand this

Hi John

Run a 'Route Plan REport'. Look for anything :

- Starting with 6

- Starting with something like X or !

- Starting with something like [4-7]

Any DN, translation pattern, or anything with a number starting 6 can cause this - not just route patterns.

And so on that may match your 6 as an initial digit. If not sure, export the dial plan using the link on the top right to Excel, and post it up.

Route Plan report will also show you unassigned DNs - where you had an extenion on a  phone, deleted the phone, and the DN is still 'alive' but orphaned in the system. You might have one of those..

Aaron

Sir sorry i am being dumb, but are you talking about dial plan analyzer ? from where can i get dial plan report to post ?

Thanks alot Aaron,

Its 100% clear now. Thanks again I had a pattern 6666 from VM, it was causing the issue.